Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Response to HSBC Major Screw Up

Hey hey hey, well maybe my response is not connected with HSBC, but this case remind me of an old case, and i think i should share it with others. Below is a comment that i post on SgBoleh under HSBC Major Screw Up post

Sometime, some humans in banking industry did a mistake intentionally or unintentionally, like what my mom experienced got from the so called world bank Citibank :)

The so called fixed time deposit that already sign and given the paper to my mom on February(interest rate fixed for 1 year), some 3 months after that(May) a letter from Citibank, tell my mom that her deposit(6 figures) has been divided by 4 amounts, 1 deposited on april, and 3 amounts deposited on may(note that each ammounts have different interest rate, so my mom entitled an interest s$100 from the 1st amounts, and she snaps, and ask my brother to call the agent who did the initial deposit. If they don't want to change back, she will draw her investment.

Result, they said sorry, and the first original deposit cert are the one in used, i said to my mom, that must confirm again, wait next year the bank said different things then it really funny.

I cannot do anything since, she went to make the deposit with my brother(my brother really doesn't care about this stuff) i actually ask my brother to pestering them, ask what really happen and such, and he said the matter is solved so don't make a big fuss about it. My brother never tell me the excuse that the bank gave to my mom, so i never really know what happen.

My mother status is a foreigner in SG, so you can imagine if she is not in SG at the letter arrived and she never checked until next year, how much money did the bank eat?

I wrote so long, i guess i will use this comment to make a post entry on my blog >_< ------------------------------------------------------
If you only search for perfection in life, you may end up losing something more important than what you end up finding

No comments: